Friday, October 24, 2008

Book Reviw for "The House of the Scorpion"

Matt is a clone of one of the greatest drug lords to inhabit future mexico. Matteo Alcran, also known as El Patron. El patron is an old man near death and Matt wounders, why was he created? While being raised by his care taker, Celia, Matt meets Maria and learns his true destiny and his purpose for life.

I really enjoyed this science fiction novel by Nancy Farmer. I was glad that it was recomended to me. Its one of those books that keeps you guessing the whole time you read it; and even once your finised, you want to read it again hoping to discover more. All of the characters have such personality and depth, like you actully know them. It has a slow and steady start then it speeds up to the point that it blows up in your face at the end. Farmer has outdone herself. I highly recomend this book and for a score out of a possible 10 points, I give it a wopping 20.

No comments: